City of San Luis Obispo
NKT Development, LLC
-Rezone from Business Park (BP-SP) to Community Commercial with Special Focus Overlay (CC-SP-SF)
-Amendments to City’s Airport Area Specific Plan
-County Airport Land Use Plan Consistency
-Vesting Tentative Tract Map
-CEQA Mitigated Negative Declaration
-Architectural Review Committee, Planning Commission and, ultimately, City Council approvals.
Our involvement with the property started with the update of the City’s Land Use and Circulation Element in 2014. In March 2018, the project proponents, and their respective design team members, lodged an application for a contemporary commercial center on the northwest corner of Broad Street and Tank Farm Road and an assisted living facility, to be located west of and adjacent to the commercial center on Tank Farm Road. The approximately 60,000 square feet of commercial building area includes three (3) single-story retail/restaurant buildings and a two-story 45,000 square foot medical office building. The site plan includes pedestrian-oriented exterior dining areas and plazas, and related circulation. The Westmont Living project will include a two-story 133,655 SF building containing 139 units consisting of 111 assisted living suites and 28 memory care beds. This project is currently in plan check review.
Circumstances Unique to the Project:
- Mixed-use project comprised of two distinct projects: Commercial Center and Assisted Living
- Complex vehicular and pedestrian circulation considerations
- Design encompassing retail/restaurant space, a comprehensive cancer center and assisted living facility
- Extensive public infrastructure improvements to utilities and transportation backbone.
- Riparian corridor enhancement and wetland replacement.