Land Use Planning
Providing professional, specialized, and localized land use planning services to create tangible results.
Land Use Planning Overview
Property and business owners rely on our certified land use planners to ensure that their projects are managed at a high level of competency through the vagaries and challenges of government permitting and entitlement.
Our services acknowledge and address the unique character and circumstances faced by multigenerational property ownership, expanding non-profit organizations, growing ventures in a variety of business sectors and specialties, and owners of historically significant and environmentally sensitive properties.
Our deep understanding of government entitlements and permitting, our long-standing professional relationships with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies, and our connections with a multitude of technical and environmental consultants ensure that your project will be executed professionally and in a timely manner.
Areas of Expertise
- Due Diligence Analysis
- Entitlement Facilitation
- Project Development & Management
- Expert Witness & Legal Support
- CEQA Compliance & Environmental Planning
- Strategic & Master Planning
- Annexations, General & Specific Plans
- Commercial & Mixed-Use Development
- Residential Development
- Agriculture, Recreation, Open Space & Conservation
- Schools, Religious Facilities & Other Assemblies
The Planning Process
Land use planning can be a complicated and daunting process of navigating through the gauntlet of bureaucratic rules, regulations, and procedures. Our team provides management throughout all phases of a project – from early due diligence analysis to project programming and design creation, through technical and environmental analysis and, ultimately, to land use and building permit acquisition. With our concentrated areas of expertise and professional experience, we are able to manage the many facets of a project to meet our client’s goals and objectives in a methodical, adaptable, and resilient manner.
As a complement to our consulting services, we maintain a specialized set of skills:
- Client programming and project visualization
- Project coordination and project team selection and management
- Regulatory liaison services to local, state, and federal regulatory agency decision-makers and staff
- Technical writing and document preparation
- Permit processing, expediating, and facilitation
- Community/public outreach strategies, conflict resolution, and consensus building
- Public speaking and presentations
Take a deeper dive into the Land Use Planning process and the services we provide.